- #555 Django 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 deprecation
- #497 Enable registration by model-name by @luzfcb
- #536 #551 Support proxy models b y @onrik
- #553 improved jQuery integration by @blueyed
- #516 Corrected french transation by @apinsard
- #541 Use error_messages on FieldBase to allow overrides by @dsanders11
- #505 Ordering alias clash fix by @sandroden
- #515 Polish translation update by @mpasternak
- #543 ModelChoiceField requires the queryset argument
- #494 ModelChoiceField Watch changes to ‘queryset’ by @jonashaag
- #514 Fixed deprecation warning on Django 1.8 by @spookylukey
- #498 #548 improved i18n support
- #547 prevents loading genericm2m if not in INSTALLED_APPS
- JAL#18 Fix: Get value.length while value is null by @hongquan
- JAL#19 Clarify license by @stevellis, all MIT
- JAL#17 Disable the widget input when it is not in use @dsanders11
- JAL#15 Support openning results in new tab @thebao
- JAL#14 Don’t autohilight first choice by default @pandabuilder
- JAL#13 Add option for box aligning with right edge of input @dsanders11
#536 At this point, proxy model support is untested, this is because I intend to refactor the test suite and documentation during the 2.3.x serie.
#494 Updating the queryset from outside the autocomplete class may lead to a security problem, ie. if you don’t replicate filters you apply manually on the autocomplete object choices into choices_for_request() then a malicious user could see choices which they shouldn’t by querying the autocomplete directly. 3.0.0 will have automatic widget and / or field (in cases like gfk/gm2m) registration to the view like in django-select2 using queryset.query caching which would resolve that use-case.
It’s a pretty big release and I waited a while because I wanted all contributors to benefit from it and work on the same codebase instead of privileging one to another, not sure if it was the best way, let me know !
Note that 2.3.1 was released right away as 2.3.0 was missing static files.